- Address: Walter House, 418-422 Strand, London
- Postal Code: WC2R 0PT
- Phone: +44 0207 836 5522
- Website: www.ukwa.org.uk
With its origins in 1944, UKWA is now Britain’s leading trade organisation representing the third party logistics (3PL) sector. The Association has over 650 member companies operating nearly 10 million square metres of warehousing from around 2000 depots across the UK.
While UKWA membership is comprised predominantly of third party warehousing and logistics service providers, the Association’s membership is not restricted to companies operating in the third party logistics and warehousing sectors and this means that retailers, manufacturers and wholesalers are free to join UKWA. In addition, UKWA now welcomes members from outside the United Kingdom’s borders into its membership.
UKWA’s aims are succinctly laid out in the Association’s mission statement which reads: “The UKWA offers a service to logistics service companies and any organisations that provide warehousing and other logistics support services in the supply chain. It does this by helping to establish a favourable operating environment, by providing a forum for discussion on non-competitive issues and by disseminating information to assist them in their business.”
UKWA’s principal objectives are as follows:
- To represent members’ views to government departments and agencies, the European Commission and Parliament and other relevant organisations.
- To promote the logistics services providers industry
- To protect the interests of the member company through the provision of effective Conditions of Contract
- To raise the standards of the industry through training and best practice
- To provide relevant marketing information and statistics to interested parties