- Address: Pall-Ex House, Victoria Road, Ellistown
- Postal Code: LE67 1FH
- Phone: +44 (0)808 144 2808
- Website: www.pallex.co.uk
Pall-Ex is the multi-award winning palletised distribution network based in the UK, founded by Hilary Devey in 1996. Boasting a membership of around 100 of the country’s leading hauliers, our strong and vibrant brand has been synonymous with quality, reliable service and innovation, and is testament to our sector-leading capability, knowledge and experience of founding and operating pallet networks. We continue to set the benchmark in the pallet distribution industry sector. To learn more about our leading pallet distribution process, please see our process page.
The extremely successful business model that established Pall-Ex in its No. 1 position in the UK evolved from the fact that there are too many goods vehicles being operated very inefficiently. The Pall-Ex model resolves this by operating on a ‘hub and spoke’ basis. Regionally based member depots collect freight from customers and transport it to one of the two Pall-Ex transhipment hubs. There, the freight is sorted by delivery area and loaded onto the vehicle of the member responsible for the destination zone, whose responsibility it is to deliver the freight to the end customer.
By uniting haulage companies in this way, to work together co-operatively in a network, Pall-Ex has introduced huge efficiencies, enabling customers to send consignments ranging from single pallets to part trailer loads, quickly and very cost effectively. The Pall-Ex UK distribution network now handles up to 10,000 time critical freight consignments daily. With today’s focus on a cleaner and greener world, you too can join the numerous companies that have reduced their carbon footprint and revolutionised their distribution by depending on the competitive and highly efficient services offered by Pall-Ex.
Pall-Ex is now establishing similar pallet distribution networks throughout mainland Europe, beginning with the launch of Pall-Ex Italia in February 2009. Our ultimate objective is to establish the highest quality of palletised freight distribution on a pan-European scale and we would like to hear from potential principal national partners and members.
- Guaranteed next day and 2-3 day pallet deliveries: ¼, ½ and full pallets throughout the UK
- Pall-Ex Night Time – pallet deliveries between 6.00pm and midnight within the busy M25 area
- Multi-Pall – competitive prices for multiple consignments of four or more pallets
- Pall-Ex Europe – groupage rates for European freight, including ¼, ½ and full UK and Euro pallets. We offer the most comprehensive Pan-European pallet distribution in the sector, with daily departures to all European destinations
- Pall-Ex International – handling of inbound deep sea containers, including de-stuffing, sortation and distribution, UK wide
- Pall-Ex Logistics – full service logistics facility for corporate customers, including dedicated account management, bespoke order fulfilment and UK and International pallet distribution
- Pall-Ex North-South Freight Highway- providing a faster and more efficient pallet delivery service between England and Scotland.
- Pall-Ex Retail Plus – Source to store palletised distribution solutions.
- ECO DRIVE – a cost effective waste collection service, Pall-Ex can now collect cardboard and plastic wrapping materials from customers when making deliveries or collections.
“Our products are often bulky and heavy, and consequently can be very difficult to handle. Despite this, at the delivery point, Pall-Ex goes the extra mile to ensure that our customers are totally happy”.
Tim Goodliff, Aggregate Industries
“Time critical deliveries are of paramount importance to our operation, and Pall-Ex fulfils these obligations to our customers. The cost savings are significant when compared to our previous method of distribution”.
Kevin Swain, Operations Director, M J Maillis UK Limited